The Equine Natural Movement Professional Training
Learning Basic Sessions
This module teaches you how to do a comprehensive and thorough Equine Natural Movement session. This module is the beginning level for people who want to become Equine Natural Movement Series practitioners. Students will deepen their ability to communicate non-verbally and also develop a magnificent sense of touch and connection with their equine clients.
This course includes these topics …
- Understand Structural Integration and how it works
- Know essential Equine Natural Movement bodywork techniques
- Have a working knowledge of equine connective tissue and understand its relationship with other systems
- Know how to employ horse safety practices
- Explore equine body communication and energetics
- Develop intelligent hands that can feel subtle differences and changes in equine connective tissue
- Learn to deliver a basic Equine Natural Movement session
- Have enough knowledge to do competent basic sessions and be able to do practice sessions between modules at home
Learning the Series
This module teaches you how to do a basic five session Equine Natural
Movement series, refines your touch and grounds you in a good understanding of equine anatomy. Class include these topics:
- Take a horse through the five session Equine Natural Movement Series. Learn the progression of the sessions, what to look for and how to gauge equine progress.
- Know how to get in rapport with horses.
- Develop a solid foundation in horse anatomy through multi-media presentations and hands-on exercises.
- Understand the horse’s anatomy both standing and in motion. Learn to assess structural issues based on a horse’s movement.
- Explore communication and reading horses while working on them. This gives you the ability to continuously adapt your work at subtle levels by responding to the signals you pick up from the horse and his tissue.
- Receive ongoing feedback on your Equine Natural Movement Series technique.
- Develop competence in your touch skills so you can successfully practice the series between Level 2 and Level 3
- Take a horse through the series under expert supervision.
Understanding the Series, Intermediate Level
In this module students develop a strong working knowledge of the evolution and uses
of the Equine Natural Movement Series.During Module 3 students cover these topics:
- Understand how to adjust the series to many kinds of horses in differing physical states.
- Conduct evaluations, identify what each horse needs and why, and be able to substantiate your observations.
- Design individual bodymaps — working blueprints — that evolve and change throughout each horse’s series.
- A thorough understanding of how the Equine Structural Integration series unfolds and progresses
- Address issues around performance enhancement and understand what to do when a horse has chronic structural problems. Understand special needs horses and how to do followup sessions after the initial Equine Natural Movement Series
- Learn to do demonstrations for the public and have the ability to teach clinics to horse owners, trainers and riders
- Learn to do progressive evaluation sessions
- Take another horse through the series under expert supervision
THE BUSINESS COURSE
Building a Professional Practice that actually earns money and gives you plenty of great publicity while being authentic and hones.
- Create exciting marketing materials and a unique and individual business plan that ensure your business’s continuing growth.
- Design integrity-driven methods that give you an ongoing market of horses to work with and that help your reputation grow.
- Have the knowledge and expertise to explain the Equine Natural Movement Series to prospective clients and develop ways that encourage lots of ongoing referrals from your clients and others in the horse community. Develop relationship marketing expertise.
- Figure out who exactly is your perfect client and why you like working with them. Establish your unique niche and know how to promote that.
- Identifying and dissolving barriers to promotion and money issues
- Business writing, journaling, role playing, coaching, partner work, homework from our textbook and workbook, MP3 files for review, and audio recordings for inspiration.
THE ADVANCED COURSE
Advanced Series Work: Horse Psychology and Wisdom
- Course taken with instructor approval
Every time we offer it, the course is different. This is the format we offered last year. We are working on a new format now and will post the next course soon.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In this module students immerse themselves in learning how horses think and feel. The course is taught by two magnificent teachers who have made considerable contributions to the field of equine knowledge and holistic health. This course is a highly experiential look into what goes on in the horse’s body, mind, heart and soul. Students study:
- The Evolution of the Herd: Equine social structure and culture, how horses relate to each other and their environment, roles and relationships of different ages and sexes.
- Equine Ethology: Understanding Equine Awareness and Consciousness, its relation to ecology and biology
- Applied Behavioral Ecology: Human/Horse Interactions, how humans affect horses.
- Equine Behavior and Communication: What humans look at vs. how horse view the world. Understanding the biology, ecology, ethology and communication mechanisms of horses as a kindred social species. This gives human a much more in-depth understanding of our equine relationships.
- Gravity vs. Structure and how that reflects in the soft tissue.
- Understand the value and importance of being able to identify structural issues at a glance.
- How to help potential clients understand your area of expertise.
- Identifying movement issues and locating the initial source of compromise.
- How to deliver quality work for horses who are in less than ideal environments.
- Advanced techniques for moving tissue.
- A more thorough understanding of the legs and how much attention they need.
- How the structure transfers vertical plane balance to the horizontal.
- Tendons: Identifying a stressed tendon before the damage happens and knowing when work is inappropriate for a damaged tendon.
- Working with respect, kindness and love. This occurs in every session from the very beginning and is primary to delivering the work and getting good results. Also it makes the work more fulfilling for both horse and practitioner. A full heart brings everyone to the place of healing and goodheartedness.
- Plenty of hands-on horse time with staff supervision and support.
Our school offers two certifications. Students can also apply for licensure to be an Equine Massage Therapist in Washington state. This state licensure may be reciprocal and accepted in other states. Each is awarded when the
student completes the modules, home study projects, and demonstrates a thorough knowledge and grasp of the work.
BASIC CERTIFICATION (440 hours) is awarded upon completion of Modules 1, 2, 3 and satisfactory completion all written assignments and horse work.
Students also take the Business Course and the National and WA State Licensure Exam preparation course.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATION (60 hours, adding up to 500 total hours) is awarded upon satisfactory completion of the Advanced Class, all written assignments and horse work.
Thank you, students and graduates, for all your support and enthusiasm for our school!
Jacqueline Freeman, Training Director
The Equine Natural Movement School
20309 NE 242nd Ave.
Battle Ground, WA 98604